PowerShell: Getting Started - Just Released on Pluralsight.Com


I just authored another course on Pluralsight that I’m very excited about. It’s called PowerShell: Getting Started, and it is part of Pluralsight’s growing IT Ops catalog. This course is specifically designed to teach entry-level IT Pros (Help Desk, Desktop Support) w/ no PowerShell experience how to use PowerShell in their day to day lives. While it is designed for beginners, I think anyone trying to get a grasp of PowerShell can get a leg up on the technology, and learn the right way to begin using PowerShell.

I cover the basics you need to know to begin effectively using PowerShell, many frequently used commands, and finish of the course with building a real-world script for gathering user and computer information. Lots of great hands-on with Tips and Tricks I've learned along the way.

Here’s a sample with a little about PowerShell and why you need to learn it!


Big Thanks to Don Jones for the idea and letting me run with it. Don is the catalyst for my PowerShell learning and I'd probably be asking people if they want fries with that without the knowledge he's shared with the world. Also, big thanks to Jeff Hicks, Jason Helmick, and Adam Bertram for sharing your knowledge of PowerShell. 

 I’ve spent most of the past 3 months researching and recording this. I think it’s some of my best work to date and hope you enjoy it. Please leave a comment here or on the Pluralsight discussion board on what you think.

If you are not a Pluralsight subscriber, you can sign up for a free 10-day trial here.

Till Next Time...Mike

 

Comments

Unknown said…
The course layout for "PowerShell: Getting Started", from introduction to summary, is well thought and executed. I've started several PowerShell modules and purchased several books, only to find my eyes watering and attention gradually fading away. Mike overcame this by introducing the topics in an order which allowed me to stay interested... excited even... in what was to come. Thanks, Mike!
Michael Bender said…
Thanks for the kind words, Dean!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did the same thing as you did trying to learn PowerShell, and I spent a lot of time building the story for the course so that didn't happen while I taught it. I'm glad it came across the way I intended.
Michael Bender said…
Dean-If you get a chance to post your feedback on the Pluralsight Discussion board for the course, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again...Mike