Good Afternoon True Believers!


The wait is over....

FINALLY, the Rock has returned to Blogging....(Insert your favorite Dwayne Johonson impression)

So it's been a few months...a lot has been happening.

The Beta for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 have been released. I got both right after Ballmer's speech at CES 2009. I have not played around with W2kocho R2D2 yet, but I've heard many good things.

As for Windows 7, I like the interface. I find it very intuitive and like many of the new features. I put it on my tablet PC and the performance is very good. Also, there were few drivers that need to be custom loaded. This is surprising for an HP tablet/convertible laptop. I'm hoping to blog on just Windows 7 when I get the time.

Windows Live has gotten a facelift...
Microsoft is continuing it's aggressive movement into Cloud services. I've been using Live Mesh extensively (RAWKS!!!!) and I finally got into the Beta for Live Mesh on windows mobile...

My book gets published March 2nd. That is very cool and has been a long time in the making. I hope it does well and people learn something from it. Check it out at http://tinyurl.com/Mikes1stBook

Things I have in the works...
-Rehashing and continuing the blog series on learning Windows Server 2008
-How to build a disaster recovery site

Sorry for the long delay...I hope to post everyweek!

Mike

Comments