@Nerdliness is Just one of The Krewe

Good Evening True Believers,

Well, yours truly has a handful of blog topics that are either half-completed or still in his head, but I just had to post this.

Those of you in The Krewe know what special and talented people comprise the group.  It astounds me every day how blessed I am to be connected with people who do extraordinary things on a daily basis.  The “super hero” who stood out for me today is no other than @Nerdliness AKA Justin Stanley.  I’ve known Justin through the group for a few years, and we’ve had great conversation, but nothing much past technology and general conference going.  Anyway, I just learned a few weeks back (obviously I need to pay more attention on twitter) that Justin started an non-profit called The Uprise Books Project.  The concept is simple:  provide  banned books to underprivileged youth in hopes to inspire a life-long love for reading.  Through hard work and the help of many friends including people from The Krewe, Justin was able to get funding through a kickstarter. 

Since I was on a twitter hiatus during the fall, I missed the kickstarter, but will be donating as I believe in both this project and I believe in my friends from The Krewe.  If you are interested in donating, check out the website for more information at http://www.uprisebooks.org/.



And that’s why I wanted to write this post, not to let you know I was donating, but to let you know how awesome our group is and the power that comes with networks of friends.  This is part of the vision I have for The Krewe:  Paying it Forward!  Justin is paying it forward and so are many of you that I don’t know about (but would love to).  Stay tuned…

To my pal Justin…Thank You!  It is an honor and privilege to call you both a friend and a member of The Krewe.  I cannot wait to share conversation and a cold beverage in about 64 days, but whose counting:)

Till next time…
Mike

P.S.  I "borrowed" your twitter profile picture...Hope you don't mind:) 

Comments